You can’t beat the old favourites! The recipe recommends making 15 cookies, but I like to make 8 monster-sized ones! This makes them huge (obviously) aswell as incredibly gooey, everything a cookie should be! Pair these with a glass of milk or a cuppa, and they become simply perfect!
A very simple recipe to follow, with about 5-10 minutes prep time and 10-12 minutes in the oven! So here goes, the initial recipe is taken from here http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6052/-chocolate-chip-cookies but this version below includes my amendments!
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Cream 200g of softened butter with 300g of soft brown sugar until fluffy, whisk in 2 eggs and 2 and a half teaspoons of vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl combined 320g self raising flour, 80g cocoa butter and a teaspoon of baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix a third at a time.
- Place into 8 big splodges on the baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy your scrummy cookies, send me photos of yours!